Clerk Announces Revised Court Calendars Due to Hurricane Irma
Green Cove Springs (9/7/17; updated on 9/10/17) – The Clay County Clerk of the Circuit Court, Tara S. Green, announces the following revisions to the court calendar and courthouse operations due to the impact of Hurricane Irma on our region. The Clay County Courthouse and all Clerk of the Circuit Court branch offices in Clay County will be closed on Friday, September 8th , Monday, September 11th and again on Tuesday, September 12th (new info). Court dates and services originally scheduled for these dates are impacted and have been rescheduled. Please note the following updates:
- Citizens who received jury summons for Monday, September 11th may disregard the summons (they are null and void). The Clerk of Court will issue new jury summons for any future trials.
- Civil Traffic Court appearances originally planned for Friday, September 8th have been rescheduled for the end of the month on Friday, September 29th. (Judge Collins)
- Circuit Felony Court appearances originally planned for Monday, September 11th have been rescheduled for 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 14th. Those scheduled for Tuesday, September 12th have been rescheduled for 9:00 a.m. on Friday, September 13th. (Judge Skinner)
- Criminal Felony Court appearances originally planned for Monday, September 11th have been moved to Thursday, September 14th at 9:00 a.m. (Judge Sharrit)
- Misdemeanor Court appearances originally planned for Monday, September 11th have been rescheduled for Monday, September 25th at 9:30 a.m. (Judge Mobley)
- Juvenile Dependency court appearances originally planned for Tuesday, September 12th have been rescheduled for Thursday, September 14th at 1:30 p.m. (Judge Skinner)
- Small Claims Court pretrial appearances originally planned for Tuesday, September 12th may also be affected/rescheduled. If it is announced, due to the impact of the storm, that the Clay County Courthouse will be closed on Tuesday as well next week, the Clerk’s Office will send out new notices on all cases by mail. If the courthouse reopens on Tuesday, Small Claims Court will be conducted as planned. (Judge Collins and Judge Mobley)
Additional office closure/opening details:
- The Clerk’s Office branch located in Middleburg will also be closed on Tuesday, September 12th.
- The Clerk’s Office branch located in Keystone Heights will be closed on Wednesday, September 13th.
- The Clerk’s Office main offices located in the Clay County Courthouse and the Clerk’s Office Orange Park branch will be open Wednesday through Friday of next week unless otherwise notified.
***There is no change expected for Juvenile Court (will still be held on 9/13/17) nor for Child Support Court (will still be held on 9/14/17).