Awards, Reports & Recognitions
Clerk Green is proud of the great work done by Clerk’s Office personnel year in and year out. Many of these unsung public servants work tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure very important judicial system programs run smoothly and that citizens receive the best service possible. We’d like to share the good news with you regarding Clerk’s Office members and programs recognized for going above and beyond to make our efforts successful.
- Clerk Green is very proud of two special programs that are part of the Clerk’s Office that received special recognition at the 2018 Celebrate Clay awards event. Clay County Teen Court received $5,000 as winner of the Judges’ Choice Program award and our Historical Archives received $750 as a Community Service category winner. These donations, provided by the Reinhold Foundation, will be put to great use to help local youth and families. Kudos to Teen Court (Debbie Mueller, Michelle Taylor and Stacey Smith) and to Archives (Vishi Garig).
- Passport services provided by our clerks allowed thousands of citizens to travel internationally resulting in special recognition for Clay Clerks. We have some amazing employees in both our Orange Park Branch and in our Recording Department. The OP Branch had a perfect audit for their outstanding operations for the Passport Application Acceptance Program. There are over 300 facilities in the Miami Passport Agency Region and thus it is no small feat to receive a perfect score on this assessment. In Green Cove Springs, Recording Department Director Debbie Thacker and staff handle this program, which led to a perfect score on their most recent Acceptance Facility Review Report. Clay County clerks are operating at the highest level possible, providing secure travel documents to citizens.
- Border Protection Agent Survives Attack and Thanks Clerk’s Office Members for Assistance: Our Clerks are proud to be part of the story of survival and recovery of US Customs & Border Protection Agent Drew Stokes, the officer (and Clay County resident) shot multiple times in a Publix parking lot in Oakleaf in 2017. Agent Stokes and his wife were joined by his supervisors as they made a special visit to our Clay County Clerk’s Office to deliver a message of thanks. They took the time to come in person to thank Recording Department members, Scott Iannucci and Rhonda Yates, for their fast and helpful service when Mrs. Stokes called after the shooting incident to ask that their personal records be protected due to the unknown threat they were facing. Clerk Green and Debbie Thacker welcomed the group and introduced them to Scott and Rhonda in Recording. A great job was done by everyone involved!
- Clay County Clerk of the Circuit Court Tara S. Green was selected Florida Clerk of the Year by the Florida Association of Clerks and Comptrollers, which honored her during its statewide conference in Ponte Vedra Beach. View the full story
- Clerk’s Office Wins “Fan Favorite” Vote at 2018 Clay County Agricultural Fair – Our theme this year was “This is Our Fair Trial” so our 30-foot-long fair booth included a replica 1890 courtroom built by the MHS Carpentry classes, displays about famous/infamous trials in Clay history and loads of info about the courts, Clerk’s Office and the 6th Amendment (the right to a fair trial). We are so pleased at the positive public response and appreciate everyone’s support.