Friday, April 20, 2018 Fri Apr 20, 2018 | Text Size: + -

Clay County Clerk of the Circuit Court

Criminal Court Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get my bond money back now that my case has been disposed?

Refunds are available to the depositor upon completion of the case.

  • We must have a current address for the depositor.
  • Pursuant to Florida Statute 903.286, the Clerk shall withhold from the refund any fines or costs owed by the defendant on ANY case.
  • If a surety bond was posted, please contact the bond agent for information about the bond.

What if I can’t attend court on my scheduled date or time?

Once a court date has been set on a case, the Clerk’s Office cannot change it. If there is a conflict with the date, you will need to contact your attorney.

What happens if I fail to appear for court on my scheduled date or time?

A warrant may be issued for your arrest and any bond that you have posted may be forfeited when you fail to appear for court. If you are arrested because of a failure to appear warrant, you may be held in jail without bond.

How do I notify your office about a change of address?

If you move, it is your responsibility to notify the Clerk’s office in writing about your change of address.

  • A Change of Address form must be completed and submitted in person to a Deputy Clerk at the Clerk’s Office (Room 1027). If you wish to mail the form in, it must be notarized. No exceptions!
  • The Clerk’s office will not accept any information over the telephone regarding a change of address.


Clay County Clerk of the Circuit Court © 2018

825 North Orange Ave. | P.O. Box 698 | Green Cove Springs, Florida 32043 | 904-269-6302