Tax Deed Sales
Tax deed sales are held by the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the lobby of the Courthouse in Green Cove Springs and are open to the Public. The property is auctioned to the highest bidder.
All Properties Are Sold As Buyer Beware
Any property that is the subject of a Tax Deed Sale is sold “AS IS” without any warranties or representations of any kind or character, express or implied, with respect to the property, including, but not limited to, warranties or representations as to matters of title, land use, zoning, tax consequences, physical or environmental conditions, availability of access, ingress or egress, valuations, governmental approvals, governmental regulations, or any other matter or thing relating to or affecting the property.
Without limiting the foregoing, there are no warranties or representations concerning …
- The ownership of the property;
- Whether the property is subject to any liens, easements or restrictions;
- The land use, zoning, value, condition, merchantability, marketability, profitability, suitability or fitness for a particular use or purpose of the property;
- Whether any improvements, including buildings or mobile homes, are located on the property, or the value thereof;
- The manner or quality of the construction incorporated into any part of the property;
- The manner, quality, state of repair, or lack of repair of the property, or of any improvements thereon; or
- Whether utilities are available to the property.
The conditions of each sale will be as prescribed by Florida Statutes 197 and the rules of the State of Florida, as outlined by the Department of Revenue. Immediately after the sale of each parcel a $200.00 non-refundable deposit is due or 5% of the winning bid, whichever is greater. This is payable by cash only.
THE BID AMOUNT, DOCUMENTARY STAMPS AND RECORDING FEES ARE DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS. PAYMENT IS TO BE MADE BY CERTIFIED CHECK, CASH, OR CASHIER’S CHECK ONLY. NO PERSONAL CHECKS, TRUSTEE ACCOUNT CHECKS, CREDIT CARDS OR WIRE TRANSFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Clay County Clerk of the Circuit Court Tax Deeds Content Disclaimer
The opening bid shown on the Notice of Application for Tax Deed may change prior to the sale due to changes in the property assessment, additional taxes, or fees assessed by the Clerk of Courts or Tax Collector.
If changes occur, the Clerk’s website will be updated immediately. Please check the Clerk’s website prior to the sale for the opening bid amount.
If you have questions, please call our office at (904) 269-6362.