Search Official Records
After reviewing the “how to” instructions below, please click on the following link to begin your online search of official records: Clay County Official Records Web Search.
How to Search Official Records
The Official Records Search allows you to search the entire Clay County Official Records database for final judgments, land records and other public documents recorded after June 1st, 1958. This database includes the Official Records index beginning at Book 1.
- Choose how you want to search our records; the default is to search by name. The name must be entered as follows: last name, first name (for example; Smith, John). Alternatively, you may choose one of the other options shown on the left side of the page.
- You can restrict the search to only certain document types. Click the button next to the “All Document Types” text box for a list of types that you can select. Alternatively, you can select from the drop down list of categories.
- Choose a date range, or just click “Search Records”. The results will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Once the results are shown, click any row to view the document details and image of the document.
- To return to the search screen, click on “Back to Search/Results” button in the upper left hand area of the screen. You will be taken back to the search page to select the next document, or to start a new search.
Our Recording Department Clerks are available to assist you. Under the supervision of Director Debbie Thacker, these Clerks can be contacted by calling (904) 269-6362.
*Please note that some Law & Chancery reports (full narratives related to old divorce and civil law suit files) are available for viewing at the Historical Archives Center at 21 Gratio Place, in Green Cove Springs.