Circuit Judge Michael S. Sharrit, Division A
DIV. A Ex Parte hearings are suspended until further notice.
Division A Court Date Changes
- All out-of-custody Defendants scheduled for 5/4, 5/5, 5/6, 5/18 and 5/19 will be continued to the week of 6/1. Check your docket for new court date details.
- All foreclosure related hearings are cancelled for the month of May 2020.
*Court dates in May are subject to change based on new orders related to COVID-19 emergency. Please register for E-Notify alerts.
TEMPORARY PROCEDURE FOR SETTING CIVIL CASES FOR TRIAL (Due to the COVID-19 emergency):
Until further notice Motions to Set shall be facilitated exclusively via e-mail.
- Plaintiff’s counsel shall take the lead in completing and submitting the required trial set form.
- The parties should include on the form their preferred time frame for trial (bearing in mind trials are currently being set approximately one year out), preferred mediator and preferred expert disclosure deadlines.
- Plaintiff’s counsel shall submit the complete form to the Judicial Assistant Lisa Carpenter: email@example.com, and copy all other counsel of record. The subject line should contain the case number and the caption-“Motion to Set.”
- A trial date shall be administratively set and communicated to all counsel of record via email; and a corresponding trial set order will be generated.
- For good cause or in cases of a hardship conflict, any party within three business days of receiving the emailed trial date may request an alternate trial date via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.