Clerk’s Office Response to COVID-19 Impacts
With COVID-19 dominating the world and local news, our focus is on the safety of Clerk’s Office employees as well as the safety of the public. While this is an extraordinary situation and many organizations are closing, the majority of our services must, by law, be available to citizens. We will continue to adapt as this situation evolves and implement precautions and changes as needed.
We encourage everyone to stay informed on how to protect yourself and your community from COVID-19. The Department of Health’s (DOH) dedicated COVID-19 webpage at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and our Clay County Emergency Management sites remain the best reliable resources for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.
Jury trials are suspended for two weeks, March 16 through Marcy 27. We will update our 1(800) line to reflect this message. All potential jurors need to check our phone line and website for updates about their jury service status. 1-800-328-5879
In Clay County court, all small claims cases scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th, 2020, at 1pm in Courtroom 2 with Judge Timothy Collins, have been continued (future date TBD) and will not be conducted as scheduled this week. Those involved in small claims cases will be contacted by mail by the judge’s judicial assistant once a new court date is determined.
- We encourage the use of online services
- Forms: Many forms are available online. Completion of these forms is the first step in the online filing/recording process
- eRecording: Allows electronic recording of mortgages, deeds and other official records
- E-File: Allows electronic court case filing utilizing the E-Filing Portal
- View court records, official records, and request certified copies online; /case-search/ and https://landmark.clayclerk.com/landmarkweb
- Pay a traffic ticket online or by phone; https://www.ncourt.com/x-press/x-onlinepayments.aspx?juris=796C4193-B1C8-4D3F-8DDF-DC4916303038
- The Archives Center located at 21 Gratio Place in the Old County Jail will be closed to in-person assistance/tours, but will be available via phone, email and online
- The Middleburg Branch Office and the Keystone Heights Branch Office will be closed until March 31st
- Probation Services will be continuing with all probation appointments until further notice
- Teen Court proceedings and meetings will be limited for the rest of the month of March – contact Teen Court staff directly for details
- There are no scheduled Teen Court meetings/events the week of 3/23-3/27 due to the previously planned Spring Break recess
- The annual Teen Court Awards Banquet originally scheduled for April 2nd will be rescheduled to a future date
- Contact Family Court Services and Quigley House directly for information regarding the operation/staffing of their offices inside the Clay County Courthouse.
As this situation continues to evolve, the Clay County Clerk’s Office leadership team will work diligently with our Clay County government and justice partners on our response to COVID-19. Should we require any further changes to our daily operations, we will share that update immediately. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adapt as needed to best serve our employees and customers.