Child Support / Depository
The Child Support Division is the central governmental depository for child support and alimony payments. Our office handles payments for Clay County cases only. The Florida legislature has mandated the Department of Revenue to contract with the Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers and each depository to perform duties with respect to the operation and maintenance of a State Disbursement Unit (SDU). The SDU is responsible for the collection and disbursement of all payments for Clay County. Their online Resource Center is the optimal tool for parents to make online payments as well as for any parent or employer who needs assistance with the child support payment process. Payments can also be made by calling (844) 577-5649 Monday-Friday from 8am to 8pm EST or 24 hours a day at (855) 984-1187. In addition to processing and disbursing support payments, the Resource Center offers users a variety of options including the ability to see case activity, search for payments, print payment histories and update contact information.If you are being represented by the Department of Revenue and have questions regarding the status of your child support case, you may contact them directly at 1-850- 488-KIDS (5437).
Driver’s License Suspension Program
What is the program?
Clay County’s Child Support Driver’s License Motor Vehicle Registration Suspension Program is a Child Support Enforcement initiative offered by the Clay County Clerk of Court. Pursuant to Florida Statutes 61.13016 and 322.05 when a payor is fifteen (15) days delinquent, the Payee may upon written request, initiate the suspension program.
What are the qualifications for the program?
- You must have a Clay County Order for child support payments.
- You must not currently be under contract with the Florida Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Program.
- The payor must have a valid Florida Driver’s license.
What information do I need to provide?
and return it to our office.
How does the program work?
The payee will receive a written ‘Notice of Intent’ to initiate the suspension, and has three options:
- Pay the full delinquency and pay the $25.00 delinquency fee per Florida Statute 322.245(2).
- Enter into a written agreement for delinquency repayment, plus pay the $25.00 delinquency fee per Florida Statute 322.245(2).
- File a petition for hearing with the court to ‘Contest the Suspension’. The payor is responsible for any filing fees charged by the Clerk’s Office, in addition to paying the $25.00 delinquency fee per Florida Statute 322.245(2).
If the payor fails to select one of these options within twenty (20) days from the date of the Notice of Intent to Suspend Florida Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Registration, the Clerk’s Office will forward a request to suspend the payor’s driver’s license and motor vehicle registration to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. The suspension cannot be reinstated until the full delinquency and fees are paid, or the parents enter into a written agreement for the repayment of the delinquent child support monies.If you have any questions about this process you may contact the Clay County’s Central Governmental Child Support Division at 904-278-3691 or 904-529-3691 or visit the Florida Department of Revenue or MyFloridaCounty.com.