Compliance/Probation Department (Misdemeanor)
Saturday, October 12, 2019, at our Orange Park Branch office only from 9am-2pm.
Call (904) 541-2784 for details today!
For more information, click here.
Got a ticket? Outstanding fines? At #OperationGreenLight, many Floridians with suspended licenses will have a chance to pay overdue court obligations, save money, and get their license back.Contact your Clerk of Court or visit http://www.FLClerks.com/page/GreenLight to learn more.#FLClerks
Posted by Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers on Monday, September 30, 2019
The staff of our Compliance Department operates in partnership with the members of the Criminal Department. The services provided to the public by the Clay County Clerk’s Office expanded in 2018 to include these compliance related services.
The duties covered by the staff of the Compliance Department now include:
- Misdemeanor Probation Services
- Management of Criminal Compliance Payment Plans
- Tracking of Community Service Obligations
- Supervision of Centralized Cashiering Office
The physical location of the Compliance Department, including Misdemeanor Probation Services, is within the Criminal Department, on the first floor of the Clay County Courthouse in Green Cove Springs, Room 1029. The Centralized Cashiering office can also be found on the first floor in Room 1027.
Please note: This department does not handle felony and juvenile probation services. For those offices, please contact the following:
- Felony Probation, Department of Corrections at (904) 213-2930
- Juvenile Probation, Department of Juvenile Justice at (904) 529-2330
Compliance & Payment Plans
Our Compliance Department clerks are available to assist defendants in the set up and management of their criminal payment plan as well as provide guidance on any court ordered community service. Our payment plans offer the flexibility of satisfying the court costs, fines and fees by making monthly payments to the Clerk of the Court. A $25 administrative fee is charged at the time the plan is established. By entering into a payment plan with our office, the defendant agrees to make monthly payments until the total amount of costs, fines and fees are paid in full. Defendants can pay in person during normal business hours at any office location, pay online via this website (click on green “Pay Costs & Fines” button on home page) or pay over the phone at 1-888-912-1533.
Failure to make payments as agreed under the Payment Plan Agreement may result in the suspension of the defendant’s driver’s license and the case being sent to a third-party collection agency, whereby, an additional 25% in fees is assessed. For questions related to a new or existing payment plan, please call the Clerk’s Office at 904-284-6302, then press prompt 6 for the Criminal Department.
ALERT: We have received multiple complaints concerning fraudulent calls. The message of the scammers vary, but most state that “warrants” will be issued to people who do not adhere to certain warnings and make certain payments. Please remember, if something sounds odd or suspicious, it probably is. Give us a call and also report this to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov/complaint, as well. DO NOT SEND MONEY and DO NOT PROVIDE PRIVATE INFORMATION. This type of scam call may even appear to come from a valid, local phone number (CCSO, Clerk’s Office, etc.) but don’t be fooled. Our staff will not call and demand funds, ask for credit card info over the phone or threaten you.
- Please review all of the following information carefully.
- Defendants are assigned a probation counselor and given their intake appointment in the courtroom after the defendant has been sentenced to probation.
- At the defendant’s monthly scheduled meetings, progression of the defendants monetary and non-monetary conditions are monitored and the next monthly appointment is set.
- To cancel or reschedule an appointment with the probation counselor, the defendant must call within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment and speak to the probation counselor themselves. They can reach their probation counselor at 904-284-6302.
- Leaving a voicemail does not constitute permission to change or reschedule an appointment – you must speak to a probation counselor directly.
- Defendants should bring the following items to the first appointment:
- Picture ID
- Proof of residence
- Proof of employment
- First cost of supervision payment
- First fine payment
The services of the Compliance Department are managed by Supervisor Stephanie Wright, (904) 284-6302, ext. 2173. Supervisor Wright and her Compliance Department clerks look forward to assisting you.