COVID-19 Related Updates
Please find here links to pages (on this website and on others) that contain the latest updates/changes due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
Restricted access/service at the courthouse and branch office will continue in July 2020, per court order. You may be directed by your assigned judge’s judicial assistant to attend a court appearance via the Zoom app/website. If so, you’ll receive directions regarding date, time and log-in link directly from the judicial assistant.
Please call before traveling to any of our offices for in-person services. The COVID-19 situation changes daily/weekly, so access to services changes frequently. If a service can be provided online, we encourage you to choose that option instead.
Zoom helps organizations – like court systems – bring people together in an interactive online environment. It is an easy, reliable cloud platform for video, voice, content sharing, and chat runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
Please Note: The Clay County Emergency Management website linked below houses the most recent orders from state, county, and health department leaders. Please refer to these releases for the most up-to-date information. We do not know yet when the courthouse and branch offices will fully reopen. That decision will be made at the local, state and federal level based on daily conversations with health officials as the COVID-19 emergency continues. Please continue to check this site for updates. Please continue to use online options and phone-based options for service in the meantime.
Governor Executive Order 20-137 (eviction and mortgage foreclosure extension)
Online Services – Instructions & Links (ways you can accomplish your court related business without coming into the courthouse or branch office)
The Clerk’s Orange Park Branch office, located at 1478 Park Avenue, is now open for limited in-person services, i.e. passport applications and marriage licenses only and by appointment only.
- Citizens seeking a marriage license or ready to submit passport applications should call (904) 541-2784 to make an appointment.
- The Orange Park location is the only Clerk’s Office facility processing passports – if traveling abroad any time in 2020, do not delay application submission as expedited passport renewals are not available.
- The secure outside drop-box at the Orange Park Branch is now open; submit documents for Recording, court filings and payments for citations/fines through OP’s outside drop-box any time.
The most recent Supreme Court order suspends jury trials in our state through July 2nd, i.e., until after the July 4th holiday. Only those court ordered to appear, scheduled for an appointment with the Clerk’s Office or involved in a safety-related emergency will be allowed to enter our offices.
A phased re-opening approach for court system offices is endorsed by the Florida Supreme Court’s COVID-19 Re-Opening Task Force.
- COVID-19 Information for Clerk’s Office Employees
- Administrative Order SC20 Regarding Speedy Trial Deadlines & Noncriminal Traffic Cases March 30 2020
- E-Notify Alert System – Free Reminders About Criminal Court Date Changes
- COVID-19 Emergency Order from FHSMV as of 3 23 20
- Clay County School Board Public Notice April 2, 2020
- Covid-19 Admin Order March 20, 2020-foreclosures, sales, eviction,writs
- Clerk of Court Expands Payment Plan Options During COVID-19 Crisis
- Covid-19 Admin Order March 17, 2020 from Judge Lester
- COVID-19 Problem Solving Courts Update