What is e-Recording?
E-Recording is an online way to electronically record documents with the Clay County Clerk’s Recording Department.
How do I e-Record documents?
To sign up for E-Recording, contact one of the vendors below as all documents are submitted to our certified vendors.
What will I need?
You will need a PC, scanner, and a connection to the internet to convert your documents to an electronic format for submission.
Advantages of e-Recording
- Accessible – To all e-users
- Accuracy – Reduction in mistakes using national e-recording standards
- Speed – Turnaround time in minutes vs hours, days or weeks
- Efficiency – The green solution for payments, ACH payments vs checks eliminate costly courier expenses
- Security – Password protection and security with a digital certificate – digital signature will alert the County if documents were tampered with between the time the agent sent them and when the County received them.