The information found on this Self-Help Center page is provided for citizens who choose to be self-represented litigants. A self-represented litigant is a person (party) who advocates on his or her own behalf before a court, rather than being represented by an attorney. These litigants are also known as pro se litigants and are most often involved in Family Law matters. The right of a party to a legal action to represent his or her own cause has long been recognized in the United States. While Clerk’s Office personnel are not permitted to provide legal instruction or advice to citizens, our office can provide information on the resources available to a self-represented litigant. We can also connect self-representing litigants with low cost legal assistance through our Low Bono program. These resources will hopefully allow citizens who chose to represent themselves in court-related matters to do so in an accurate, efficient manner.
- Forms – Please click on the main menu above (Forms) to view your options in the drop-down menu. A wide variety of form packets and individual forms are provided there for your convenience.
- Free Law Library & LexisNexis Access
- The Clay County Clerk’s Office houses a Law Library located inside our first floor Recording Department at the main courthouse in Green Cove Springs. Public use of the law books and online resource (Lexus Nexus database) is free and available during normal courthouse business hours.
- Low Bono Program
The goal of our Low Bono Program is to lower barriers that may prevent people with moderate financial means from accessing legal services, specifically those involved in family law cases. This program is available to Clay County residents involving Clay County family law cases only, with a focus on clients representing themselves (pro se). Contact the Clerk’s Office to schedule an appointment with these local, licensed Florida attorneys at a rate of $1.00 per minute. The minimum appointment time is 30 minutes; 60 minute maximum. Clerks require the following information: client name, name of adverse party, client’s contact phone number, client email address. Individuals are responsible for bringing full payment to their scheduled appointment time (cash only) along with all relevant documents. Appointments are held at the Clay County Courthouse, 825 N. Orange Avenue, Green Cove Springs. Low Bono attorneys conduct the appointments on the first floor in the new section of the courthouse.Call the Clerk’s Office Civil Department to schedule an appointment at (904) 269-6363.
Click the link provided to access our Low Bono Program informational flier. Please share a copy with your family in friends.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xab1nUShLY Click this link to watch our You Tube video about our Low Bono Program.
- Pro Se Handbook for Appeals
- Clay County (FL) Bar Association
- Duval County (FL) Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aide (JALA)
- Clay County Legal Aid is a branch office of JALA located inside the Clay County Courthouse at 825 N. Orange Avenue, Room 308, Green Cove Springs, Florida. Contact them toll free at (866) 284-8410.
- Florida Law Help
- Three Rivers Legal Services