- Please use Internet/online (www.clayclerk.com) resources or obtain service by phone (904-269-6302) in lieu of in-person contact to help limit the spread of the virus.
- Clerk of Court Tara S. Green expanded Payment Plan eligibility to help citizens stay up-to-date with court obligations during uncertain financial times. The Payment Plan application can now be found online at www.clayclerk.com.
- Strict limited public entry into the Clay County Courthouse continues through June 1, 2020. To enter the Courthouse beyond the security checkpoint, you must be cleared through the COVID-19 screening process and must be conducting essential business as outlined in the Administrative judge’s order. Go to www.clayclerk.com to view the Clerk’s Coronavirus page for restrictions or call (904) 269-6302.
- A drop-box system is now available for public use at the Clay County Courthouse main lobby entrance in Green Cove Springs. Documents and payments placed into these secure boxes will be received, dated, and stamped same day.
- All Clerk of Court branch offices are closed (Orange Park, Middleburg and Keystone Heights).
- All grand jury proceedings, criminal jury selection proceedings, and criminal jury trials are suspended until further notice.
- All jury trials are suspended through June 1, 2020. Each court circuit’s chief judge has the discretion to cancel or postpone additional court proceedings critical to this public health emergency, unless they can be effectively conducted remotely without the necessity of in-person court proceedings.
- All passport application processing services are conducted at our Orange Park Branch only and only by appointment. Applications may take longer than the usual 6-8 weeks time frame. Expedited service is NOT available at this time. Citizens planning trips any time in 2020 should not delay in beginning the passport application process. Please call for an appointment at (904) 541-2784. COVID-19 OP Branch Passport & Marriage License Flyer