Updates Regarding Courthouse & Clerk’s Office Services
Summary of updates as of Monday, March 23, 2020
- Please use Internet/online (www.clayclerk.com) resources or obtain service by phone (904-269-6302) in lieu of in-person contact to help limit the spread of the virus.
- Clerk of Court Tara S. Green expanded Payment Plan eligibility to help citizens stay up-to-date with court obligations during uncertain financial times. The Payment Plan application can now be found online at www.clayclerk.com.
- Today (3/23/20) was the first day of strict limited public entry into the Clay County Courthouse which continues through Friday, April 10, 2020. To enter the Courthouse beyond the security checkpoint, you must be cleared through the COVID-19 screening process and must be conducting essential business as outlined in the Administrative judge’s order. Go to www.clayclerk.com to view the Clerk’s Coronavirus page for restrictions or call (904) 269-6302.
- A drop-box system is now available for public use at the Clay County Courthouse main lobby entrance in Green Cove Springs. Documents and payments placed into these secure boxes will be received, dated, and stamped same day.
- All Clerk of Court branch offices are closed (Orange Park, Middleburg and Keystone Heights) through April 10, 2020.
- All grand jury proceedings, criminal jury selection proceedings, and criminal jury trials are suspended through Friday, March 27, 2020, or until further notice. All civil jury trials are suspended through May 1, 2020. Each court circuit’s chief judge has the discretion to cancel or postpone additional court proceedings critical to this public health emergency, unless they can be effectively conducted remotely without the necessity of in-person court proceedings.
- All passport application processing services are suspended until May 4, 2020, unless otherwise notified. Please visit www.travel.state.gov to view updates regarding nationwide passport application processing services.
- Small Claims Court scheduled for April 1, 2020, is now scheduled for May 13, 2020.