Value Adjustment Board (VAB)
Petitioners may file a petition by mail or by delivering it in person. When filing your petition(s) by mail, we must receive your petition(s) in-hand on or before the deadline by 5:00 pm.
Postmarks are not considered as the date of filing. Filing fees are non-refundable.
Rules for VAB Related Communications
No participant, including the petitioner, the property appraiser, the board clerk, the special magistrate, a member of a value adjustment board, or other person directly or indirectly interested in the proceeding, nor anyone authorized to act on behalf of any party shall communicate with a member of the board or the special magistrate regarding the issues in the case without the other party being present or without providing a copy of any written communication to the other party. This is outlined in F.A.C. 12D-9.017 Ex Parte Communication Prohibition.
All questions and concerns should be directed to the Clerk to the Value Adjustment Board which shall ensure that no ex parte communication occurs. This VAB Clerk may be reached by phone or by email.
Clerk to the Value Adjustment Board, Jewell Baskin
(904) 269-6302 (select the Recording Department)
Clay County VAB Meeting Agendas / Clay County VAB Meeting Minutes
Instructions for Filing a Petition/Appeal
- Fill out a petition form (various forms provided below), completing all applicable sections of the petition and any other attachments required by statute; petitions must be submitted on Department of Revenue approved forms only
- Checks or money orders used for payment should be made payable to: Board of County Commissioners or BOCC Clay County; do not submit cash
- Mail completed forms with payment to: Clay County Clerk of Courts & Comptroller’s Office, Attn: Clerk to the Value Adjustment Board, P.O. Box 698, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- In-person drop off of completed forms may be done during regular business hours only at the Clay County Courthouse located at 825 North Orange Avenue, Green Cove Springs, Florida.
- The standard filing fee is $15 per petition, but may be more depending on your circumstances; consult the linked information below for additional details regarding filing fees.
Manuals & Helpful Legal Resources/Materials
Related Florida Administrative Code
Rule Chapter 12D-9, F.A.C.: Requirements for Value Adjustment Boards in Administrative Reviews; Uniform Rules of Procedure for Hearings Before Value Adjustment Boards
Rule Chapter 12D-10, F.A.C.: Value Adjustment Board